Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh Santa.....Maybe next year....

Oh Santa. I had high hopes for Emily with Santa Clause. She did ok with him last year but this year was another story. I think the picture speaks for itself.




This was attempt #1(yes I did do multiple attempts because I am that Mom). Sad thing is that before this picture just a few minutes earlier Emily had been singing & dancing with Santa & Mrs. Clause. Explain that one!

Well after the library we headed over to Walmart. I just wanted to see if it was the environment, or literally the idea of a guy in a big red suit with a white beard. As we approached the Walmart Santa Emily just started freaking out. That idea was out. I decided that I wasn't going to give up. I brought Emily back the next day at 10am. She had her snack, she definitely was no where near taking a nap so I figured she was at her best!

We hovered around the area where Santa was & kept going up and down and around waving and saying Hi to Santa for about 10 minutes. I started walking toward Santa with Emily's hands around me like a death grip, five feet away her poor legs were trembling. So, I tricked her by turning around and backing into the Santa and obviously I was in this picture too(I guess you are never to old for Santa). As you can see, we still are completely terrified of Santa. Her face is priceless.




Being the *nice* Mom that I am I of course let Emily partake in a Candy Cane after she endured the trauma of Santa. She took a few licks, calmed down and we were off to bigger and better things!

I think the most important lesson is that I did not have to spend one penny to figure out that Emily was not a fan of Santa yet. Thank god for free pictures with Santa!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of the backing in trick. Maybe next year :)

    Cute blog.

    ReplyDelete